Caution! Learning more about me and nerdybookgirl may cause you to smile!
You have been warned.
What’s NerdyBookGirl all about?
I like to think that I put together NBG for three major purposes.
1. To Provide Actionable Ideas that EVERYONE can follow.
Don’t you just hate it when you think you’ve found the answer to your problem but have no clue how to read the solution? Like seriously. Why do I need a rocket surgery degree to learn how to market my book??
That’s why I love providing simple step by step advice that anyone can follow. Save that brain science for things that really matter like the choice between English Breakfast or Lady Grey.
2. To Provide Creative Inspiration.
Writer’s block. It’s a real thing. Heck, I might get it more than anyone. And sometimes it’s right in the middle of a word or sentence and then all of a sudd…
It’s blank. But often times I just need the smallest bit of inspiration to get me right back on track. Hopefully, I can help do the same for you.
3. To Provide Support to those in need.
Look, let’s be real. I’m no Wonder Woman. I have no invisible jet, magic lasso, kick-ass fighting moves, and may have just a scant too many pounds more than I’d like.
But… I’ve been right in your position. A self-published book marketer looking to make her place in the world. And I went through that process all by myself. And guess what?
It sucked. I don’t want anyone else to have to struggle the way I did. So, if I can provide some assistance, I will. We’re in this together.
Welp, this is about as close as we’re gonna get to a real mission statement. So, thank you for your time. If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me. I’ll be happy to answer!
BUT… Enough talk! Let’s get to what you came here for… Me!
Just kidding, haha. But hey! A girl’s gotta have fun you know. So here’s some juicy gossip for your tabloids all about Samantha Howard.
My Top Five Favorite Books
This wouldn’t be a proper site about book marketing without my favorite books! With so many great titles to choose from, I’ve whittled it down to five. So here they are IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll–When I was in first grade, I won a Halloween Costume Contest dressed like the White Rabbit. (True Facts.)
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster–So, I have a soft spot for Children’s books. But honestly, read this and tell me it isn’t on your list of favorites. Which by the way…. Rainn Wilson of The Office fame does an excellent reading of this! It’s available on Audible so check it out!
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley–I just love Sci-Fi! And this happens to be considered by many the first true Science Fiction Book! It really begs us to dig deep inside ourselves to find our own monster within. P.S. If you’re a Science Fiction lover as well, I found this super neat site that has some of the best suggestions ever! Check it out here!
- On Writing by Stephen King–This is a must read for any and all writers out there.
- The Divine Comedy by Dante–I am just a sucker for classic literature and Dante is no exception. Many people have gone through his Inferno. But if you haven’t read Pugatorio and Paradiso… Make it so.
Let’s Talk Cats!
Yes. I know. I’m a walking cliche. I love my long funky socks. I prefer a nice cuppa tea over a pot of Joe. And I just looooove cats!
Unfortunately for this girl, I can’t have all the cats. The lease on my apartment only allows one so… I got me one!
His name is Rhino. I named him that way because as kitten he used to run head first into everything. Thus the name. He’s a purebred American Shorthair who just loves getting into trouble. Rhino recently learned how to operate my water cooler so yeah… Wet floors abound.
Honestly though, if you’re an animal lover like I am… Please go and support your local SPCA. And in the words of the great Bob Barker, “Don’t forget to spay and neuter your pets!”
Can you guess my...
Trick Question. All cookies are special in their own way
People who stare… Ugh. Just why?
Japan. More specifically, the Hirosaki Castle during Sakura season (Cherry Blossoms!)
To walk the Room of a Thousand Fountains as Jedi Grand Master.
Favorite Snacks for Light Reading
Yes. This is a thing. And if it isn’t… It definitely should be.
- Turkey Sandwich (Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato) and Iced Tea (Sweetened)
- Shortbread Biscuits and a hot cup of English Breakfast tea.
- A big ole bowl of Mac and Cheese. (Don’t judge me.)
- Leftover Chinese Takeout (Kung Pao Chicken–eaten cold.)
- Homemade Potato Salad
Things that Complete Me!
We all have those things we just can’t live without… Here are some of mine.
- Reading, Writing, Book Marketing, and Self-Publishing
- My Fur Baby!
- Carbs. All the carbs. (Thank goodness for deep frying without oil, or as this German website likes to call it “Frittieren Ohne Fett“ – Gesundheit!)
- Freshly Laundered Sheets on the Bed (Very underappreciated.)
- Silicone Cookware (Keep that Non-Stick intact!)
- WWE WRESTLING! (Guilty pleasure. Mankind is my all-time fave.)
- Pampering after a shower. (I like to smell good. And you should too!)
- The smell of freshly mown grass. (Or gasoline. I’m weird like that.)
- Fun Socks! (I’m looking at you, Happy Socks. Not a sponsor.)
My Go-To Karaoke List!
Don’t be caught unawares when the Karaoke strikes!
- Scenes from an Italian Restaurant- Billy Joel
- Mr. Brightside- The Killers
- Somebody to Love- Queen
- A Thousand Miles- Vanessa Carlton
- Me & Bobby McGee- Janis Joplin
- Feeling Good- Nina Simone
Well, there you have it. A look into my thrilling life! <Can’t you just taste the sarcasm???> Anyway… If you have comments, concerns, Book Marketing Strategies, Self-Publishing tips, or Potato Salad recipes you would love to share…Feel free to contact me.
PS-Not a fan of raisins in that salad. But heck, maybe you can change my mind.
Practical, actionable book marketing tactics. Step by step. No specialist skills required.
Ideas and source of inspiration when you need a book idea or a little boost to get unstuck creatively.
Written from the perspective of a self-published book marketer helping others on the same path. We’re in this together.
NerdyBookGirl.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. *Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. Additionally, NerdyBookGirl.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. If you see a link, and it doesn’t explicitly say it is an affiliate link, it is best to just assume it is. Although, you do not pay extra for ANY affiliate link you click, just assume you’re helping to stash a little more cash in our coffee tin when you do.
© 2023 NerdyBookGirl. All rights reserved