I’ve already talked about book stands in the past, but what a lot of us are actually reading these days, is on a Kindle or some other kind of digital reader.
While I still love the smell of real books, I must admit that if I were to buy all the books that I love to read, my entire apartment would be completely full from floor to ceiling with everything I selected.
So I use a Kindle for all but my absolute favorite books.
To that end, I thought I’d pick myself up a Kindle stand, something to help me keep it on the desk in a way I can read. I tend to reference certain books while I work, so doing that is helpful to me.
Please note that while I created this list specifically for a Kindle e-reader, many of these will work for whatever you need, including:
- An iPad Pro
- An iPad Mini
- A Kindle Fire (or Fire HD) Tablet
- A Kids Edition Tablet
- An iPhone
- An Android Tablet
So without further ado, let’s dive into the best Kindle stands of 2021.
A Complete List of 11 Best Kindle Stands
Here is the list in brief if you just want to jump right in, but if you want more details, keep reading and I’ll give you my logic for everything I picked.
Best Overall – StillCool Tablet Holder
- 【Compatibility】Suitable for Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, Kindle 3, iPad, iPad 2,...
- 【Comfortable and Health】Free your hands by this Universal Tab Frame Holder! Holding a...
- 【Multiple Use】With its adjustable auto-locking joints that rotate around 360 degrees...
- 【Easy to Carry】Made by Aluminium alloy and premium plastic, hold your device firm and...
- 【One-Year Guarantee】12 MONTHS from the date of purchase, we support return and refund....
Alrighty, so I personally don’t have this one, because I have different needs, but I still think it’s the best to place as my overall favorite.
The reason? Adaptability.
No matter the need that you have for a Kindle stand, there’s a pretty good chance that this one will fill it, and if your needs change, then it will probably handle that too!
I like this one because its legs are adaptable to pretty much any setting: smooth surfaces, uneven surfaces, you name it. And it also fits any Kindle, e-reader, Kindle Fire tablet, iPad or phone that you can imagine.
It’s also easy to collapse and bundle into a small tripod-like bag, meaning it doesn’t take up too much space when you transport it.
There are other, more collapsible holders on the market (I’ll get to those in a jiffy), but this one does it well enough that, combined with all its other features, makes it the best overall option.
Best for Bed – Tablift Tablet Stand for The Bed
- Universal Design Works With Virtually Any Tablet (Without A Case)
- Tablift Tablet Stand Is Compatible With: Apple Ipad - Full Size And Mini (Pro Models Must...
- Will Fit Any Tablet That With An Edge That Will Fit Into The 10Mm Wide Slots
- Flexible Legs Will Fold Down To Compact Size
So I had a tough time choosing between the SillCool stand above and this Tablift stand for best overall. In the end, I went with the StillCool, but I still think this is one of the best, especially if you’re only looking for a stand to use in bed.
The Tablift is great for uneven surfaces, in fact, this is really what it’s built for. It can work on flat surfaces, such as on a desk, but requires some tweaking. And that is why I didn’t list it as best overall.
The only problem I have with the Tablift is that it looks a little like a spider! And I’m not okay with that.
However, it fits pretty much all devices, can work in any uneven surface, which therefore makes it easily the best option for reading in bed.
Best for a Desk – UGREEN Tablet Stand Holder
- Wide Compatibility: This tablet stand adjustable can fit for 4 to 11 inch tablet, cell...
- Easy to Carry: With a small size of 4.7" x 4.2", the portable tablet stand can be foldable...
- Multi-Angle Adjustable: There are multiple viewing angles to choose from 15° to 100°,...
- Sturdy and Durable: Premium ABS material supports this ipad pro stand holder for desk...
- What You Get: 1x UGREEN Ipad Holder for Desk.
I don’t know about you, but when I sit at my desk and need something to hold my kindle, I don’t want some bulky contraption straight out of a Terminator movie to hold it for me.
I want something simple, but that gets the job done.
That is why I strongly recommend UGREEN’s option for their own Kindle holder.
This one may seem a little on the simple side, but that’s kind of the point! If you’re not using it in bed, or in another situation where versatility is important, than you don’t need something more than this.
What’s great is that it transports well, and is super durable, which is a must with these stands. You don’t want one collapsing and potentially damaging your tablet. With the UGREEN, you won’t have to worry about that.
Best Mounted Holder – 360 Degree Rotating Bed Tablet Mount
- Perfect Companion for Bed Entertainment - Sturdy mechanical aluminum arm stand is equipped...
- Wide Compatibility -Universally compatible with devices between 4.7 inch and 11inch .This...
- Adjustable & Versatile - The first tablet arm stand in world with 4 joints, which is fully...
- Easy Installation - No tools needed, it can be widely settled to bed board,cabinet, table,...
- Three Year Warranty - We provide high quality service，if you don't love it, you get a...
For the reader who really wants to go hands free, here is the a ridged but still flexible mounting Kindle, Kindle Fire (or Fire HD), or iPad
So this is basically a large arm that has ful 360-degree flexibility, and can be mounted to a nearby nightstand, a bed post, or even screwed into the wall for those of you who need a Kindle book stand as a permanent fixture in your house.
I don’t, honestly have too much to say about this one, other than this: it’s sturdy.
In fact, of all the hands-free options here, where the kindle or iPad is attached to a floating arm, I can’t think of a more sturdy option.
This mount uses a series of springs and metal arms to create a holder that will easily hold onto your ebook reader without any sinking or deterioration over time.
In other words, it’s a solid pick.
Best Flexible Mount – MAGIPEA Tablet Stand Holder (w/Gooseneck)
- ★APPLICABLE FOR MOBILE PHONE AND TABLET - Fit for ipad iphone Series/Nintendo...
- ★PERFECT FOR MANY SCENES - Free your hands and make you focus on what you are doing,...
- ★SAFE AND RELIABLE - Made of aluminum-magnesium alloy solid cord and 30 inches (75 CM)...
- ★DESIGNED STRONGER FOR TABLET - The material of the holder is stronger for the heavy...
- ★DESIGNED TO BE HARD - It will be a little hard for you to bend it, caused it is made...
For the person who wants a more flexible option, I give you the MAGIPEA (sounds like some fairy-tale thing that will sprout a huge beanstock outside my house).
Now I don’t know about you, but for me I’ve had a bad experience with these little bendy-thingies. They often are too flexible, so when I put my Amazon Fire tablet on it, it doesn’t take long before it starts to droop.
Not so with the MAGIPEA.
This one is designed to be hard, almost too hard to move in some cases, though not in a way that is annoying.
That means it will keep your Kindle device in place, and you won’t have to worry about droopage.
Honestly, if I were looking for something flexible that gives me a lot of room to work with, this would probably be it.
Best Floor Stand – Lamicall Gooseneck Tablet Holder Mount
- 【Flexible Angle Adjustment】Flexible gooseneck arm can be easily adjusted to your...
- 【Height Adjustable】Equipped with height adjustment function from130cm(51.2inch) to...
- 【Strong Stability】Heavy duty base makes the stand more stable and reliable. Made by...
- 【Widely Compatibility】Upgrade clamp part of this tablet floor holder stand make it...
- 【Broad Usage Place】The tablet floor gooseneck stand can be used any where without...
Alright, so let’s say you want the versatility and reach of one of the two arms mentioned above, but you either don’t want to mount it to the night stand, or you don’t have a night stand or other surface to mount it on.
That’s where the floor stands come in.
There are a lot of floor stands, but I really think the Lamicall Gooseneck version is the best.
It’s tall enough for most situations, the gooseneck tube is flexible and can work for most situations you may find yourself in.
For me, the biggest situation I see myself using one of these things is in the bath. Though admittedly that would probably be with an iPad rather than a Kindle, binging some Netflix while I soak.
Okay, got a little too caught up in that fantasy. Moving on…
Best Strap Option – TFY Security Hand Strap
- Hand strap provides increased phone handling security - protects against accidental...
- Hand strap allows fingers of holding hand to remain well away from screen. Fits Kindle...
- Soft leather hand strap can also serve as kindle device stand on a tablet.
- Strong metal brackets with soft plastic coating avoid marking of Kindle edges.
- Strap easily fitted and removed. Tip: Jaw openings of metal brackets may be carefully...
Now I know some of you don’t want to invite a bunch of extra stuff into your home, or maybe you’re just looking for a more convenient option: something that will give you added grip to your Kindle while you’re reading in bed, or while on the go.
That’s why I had to make sure I had a hand strap option to go with everything else on this list.
The TFY strap is easily my favorite because it takes up no space, fits pretty much any device like a glove, and is even made of leather, which is quite handy for keeping it from chafing or sliding around.
I’ll admit, I have one of these that I keep in my purse, just because sometimes it’s easier to read on the bus when I don’t have to worry about someone bumping into me and knocking my ereader out of my hand.
Even though it’s not quite the same as a Kindle or book holder, it’s still one I recommend.
Best Budget – Baobeir Foldable Tablet Stand
- Suitable for Tablets PC which are 8-12.9 inches.
- Adjustable angle up to 180 degrees, that provided you a comfortable view to control it,...
- Light weight in 1.5 oz, and foldable design convenient you take it anywhere.
- Simple and easy set-up. Screws on two sides control the tightness of adjusting angle.
- Rubber skin cover steel pole to protect your tablets from hit or scratching.
So let’s say you’re pressed for cash, but really need that stand at your desk or kitchen or wherever. That’s when you should definitely look up the Baobeir Foldable stand.
And you know what, it’s actually a pretty good stand, even if it were more expensive.
The best two features are its compact portability and its sturdiness, to say nothing of price.
Honest, I honestly put this in the categories for Best Desk holder and Best Portable stand. Because it holds up to the other stands in those categories.
But when I took a look at the price, I knew it had to go here. Spread the love, Baobeir.
Best Soft Stand – Lamicall Pillow Soft Pad
- 【 6 Adjustable Angles】💙 This multi angle pillow ipad tablet stand has 6 adjustment...
- 【 New Design】 Nice buddy on bed and sofa. This triangle pillow tablet & phone stand...
- 【 High-Quality Materials】 Made of high-quality materials, it has strong resilience and...
- 【 COMPATIBILITY 】 Universal tablet stand pillow is suitable for tablets between 4.7...
- 【 Tablet Pillow Stand】 Perfect for reading book, playing game, watching videos,...
One thing I haven’t talked about yet are pillow stands. These are basically soft, pillow-y contraptions that act like a Kindle or iPad stand, but aren’t hard and obnoxious.
There are a couple of these, but by far the best, in my opinion, is the Lamicall pillow.
The main reason I like this one, other than being super cute and fluffy, is the fact that it has little grooves in the pillow to keep your device from sliding.
I think this is honestly ingenious, and not a lot of other options have this.
And the best part is, when you’re done using it for a Kindle stand, you could theoretically use it as a pillow in a pinch!
Best Portable Stand – Amazon Basics Adjustable Tablet Holder
- Compatible with Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, the new iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle...
- Extremely portable, fits in any bag or pocket
- Non skid base design keeps the stand secure on flat surfaces
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Leave it up to Amazon themselves to make one of the smallest and most convenient options on this list.
This thing will fold up and completely fit in your pocket, even if you have small pockets!
It’s not as cheap as the budget option on this list, but it’s pretty close, which is why this is actually what I picked out for myself.
That’s right, I am a proud owner of an Amazon Basics Tablet holder for my Kindle.
Now, I will point out that I primarily use this on my desk to reference things while I work. If you need a stand for when you’re in bed, this probably won’t work for you.
That said, it’s still a great deal, and one I highly recommend.
Best Kindle Stand Case – Fintie Stand Case for Kindle
- Designed exclusively for 6" Kindle Paperwhite (Fits 10th Generation, 2018 / All Paperwhite...
- Premium synthetic leather with soft non-scratch microfiber interior. Prevent from finger...
- Foldable stand design could set your hands free during your reading. Build-in card slot is...
- Hand strap allows to read with one hand easier and more comfortable.
- Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the cover. Magnetic clasp ensures...
Some of you are probably asking at this point, what about book cases? Because there are a lot of cases that come with their own little stand.
Don’t worry, I wasn’t planning to disappoint.
Now, it’s worth pointing out that Kindle cases with an embedded stand are not going to be as versatile as a dedicated holder. Because the moment another Kindle of a different size comes out, that case will be useless, and it also doesn’t hold an iPad, Kindle Fire, or literally any other device.
So with that caveat out of the way, let’s look at this particular item.
I picked the Fintie stand because it’s made from premium PU leather and comes with a hand strap (see my earlier review above), and even as a little card slot if you need to fit other things in there.
It’s by far the highest rated case/stand hybrid on Amazon right now, and it also has a wide variety of really cute designs, which I love.
You should definitely check it out if you want a good case that doubles as a stand.
What to Look For in a Kindle Stand
So I didn’t just make these picks willy-nilly. There’s a good strategy and certain things you should consider when picking the best Kindle stand for you.
Let’s walk through a handful of these:
When I’m picking a good holder, the thing I’m looking for most is durability.
What this means is that the Kindle stand should not A) break, obviously, and B) bend when placed with a heavy load.
Thankfully, Kindles are not that expensive, but if you ever plan on using a larger tablet on one of these, you’ll at least want something sturdy, preferably with an aluminum or aluminum/magnesium alloy, like some of the options above have.
Ultimately, if your holder breaks, it’s of no use to you, so try to pick one that won’t cause problems.
I pointed this out for the Kindle Case stand. While this is great for a case, it also illustrates a point. It doesn’t have a lot of versatility.
When I look at the selections I try to think of certain questions.
Like where will I be using it? How often will I use it? What kind of devices am I going to use on it? What about the future, will things change?
It’s a good idea, in most cases, to pick something that is adaptable to any of these situations. That’s why I selected the StillCool holder as my top pick, even though I don’t actually have one myself.
Of all the options, it was by far the best for multi-purpose use.
Ease of Use
Let’s face it, it’s a Kindle stand, and like a book holder, there really shouldn’t be much to it.
That’s why ease of use is essential. You want something where you can place your Kindle and go.
There are a few options on this list that are a little easier than others, and how easy you want will be up to you, but I tried to make sure even the most complex option on this list was relatively simple to use.
It goes without saying that you want to be comfortable while reading, whether it’s in bed or at your desk or in your favorite armchair.
There aren’t a lot of factors in a Kindle holder that would lead to discomfort, in my opinion, but there may be some features that just don’t work for you, and that’s okay.
Personally, I don’t like a book holder that is bulky, which is why I got the most conveniently sized book holder on this list.
However, sometimes size is necessary, or it doesn’t bother you. If that’s the case, don’t feel bad about getting the bigger contraptions, or something like the floor stand, because even though they can take up a bit more space, they still have some important qualities that you may need.
If money is a problem, don’t worry, most of the items on this list are cheap, and you can check out my budget pick for the best one on a tight budget.
That said, most of these options are inexpensive and, as I pointed out above, the budget option will give most people exactly what they need for the best price.
But if you want something with a few more features and a lot more customizability, one of the more expensive options might be in order.
More Kindle Accessories I Recommend
If you’re looking to really jazz up your Kindle game, I have a few more articles with some additional accessories you might want to look into. Check these out!
- Best Ereaders
- Best Reading Chairs
- Best Reading Glasses
- Best Book Stands
- Kindle Paperwhite vs. Kindle Oasis
- Best Book Lights
And that will do it! The top 11 best Kindle stands on the market at this time.
I hope you found this information helpful, and be sure to reach out to me if you have any ideas, or other product options that you’ve found to work great.