Everyone knows that running is good for you both physically and mentally. It gets your blood pumping and feel good hormones are released, giving you a natural high. Some love to hit the road and feel the sun on their skin, while others prefer to head to the gym and run on a treadmill. If you have the space available, you might even have a treadmill at home.
Some people enjoy reading while they run or catching up on a tv series they might be watching. Let’s be honest, for some running in one spot can get a bit boring. To fight off boredom, you can get a book holder for your treadmill so you can read your favourite magazine or book while walking or running. This helps pass the time and before you know it, you are done with your workout.
These book holders also are great for tablets so you can watch a series if you want. You will reach your goals faster when you are focused on reading which keeps you distracted from how far you still need to run.
Best Treadmill Book Holders
We are going to be looking at a few book holders, so let’s look at our top picks.
- Source One Reading Rack: great compact size to throw in your gym bag.
- Fits Treadmills, Ellipticals, Rowers, Bikes
- Fits Most Exercise Machines with a flat Console
- Made out of Clear Acrylic
- Peel off Protective Plastic Film & you will have a CLEAR item
This book holder is lightweight and a great compact size, easy to fit into your gym bag. It was designed to fit most treadmills, ellipticals, rowers and even bikes. So you can read comfortably on any of these machines.
It is made from a strong durable high impact plastic making it nearly unbreakable. It will definitely survive your gym bag with limited wear and tear.
This book holder will come in handy if you tend to get bored on a treadmill, as you will be able to read your favourite book or even watch something on your tablet.
- Weight – 8 ounces
- Dimensions – 2.5 x 9 x 8 inches
- Product Material– High impact plastic
- Holder is clear so you will be able to see control panel, except if you have a book in the holder
- Durable and strong
- Large, thick books fit easily
- Fit different exercise machines
- Doesn’t fit snugly onto machine can get knocked off easily
- Might not fit over some machines
- Turning pages can be difficult due to the bottom lip
- Vibration from machine might cause the holder to move or slip
- Easy Installation: Just Hang on Console/Display
- Peel of both sides of Protective Film to see a CLEAR Book Holder
- No fancy packaging, just one great high quality item!
- Largest surface face size available on the market!
Need something to help time fly while running on the treadmill? A book holder might just be what you need. It can hold a book and an iPad in place without fear of anything falling out. So whether you enjoy reading or just want to catch up on your favourite TV series, you will be able to do so while you are getting your exercise.
This holder is larger than most, so it will also be able to handle larger study books. It fits comfortable onto most treadmills and some other exercise machines that will be available at your gym.
The book holder is clear so you will also be able to keep an eye on the monitor screen with ease by simply moving the book over a little.
- Weight – 4.8 ounces
- Dimensions – 11 x 2 x 11 inches
- Product Material – Plastic
- Warranty – Lifetime guarantee – unbreakable
- Durable and strong – lifetime guarantee that it won’t break
- Fits onto a range of exercise equipment
- Can fit large books to iPads and tablets
- Can be too big for some machines
- Covers the controls of machine
- Small books doesn’t work great with it, pages keep closing
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF THE SURFSHELF WILL FIT YOUR MACHINE...
- This is the ORIGINAL SurfShelf... after 15 years my competitor HumanCentric is now copying...
- Use your laptop, tablet computer, or portable DVD player while you work out. The SurfShelf...
- Watch online TV, movies, sports, DVDs, email, Facebook, play games, read blogs, Twitter -...
- Easy to install and use (1-minute installation) and folds up to fit in your gym bag. Have...
While everyone knows the benefits of exercise, many people find it boring running in one place and not going anywhere. That is why treadmill iPad, laptop, and book holders have been designed. The SurfShelf Treadmill Desk was designed to carry laptops and iPads as well as books. So while you are keeping fit, you can watch TV, read a book, or get work done.
This desk fits onto most exercise machines, so you will be able to move around in the gym with this desk. The velcro strap on the desk will hold your laptop, iPad, or book in place, making it hands free and more comfortable for you. What makes it great for books is that it lays flat so you are able to turn the pages easily, no lip to catch the pages.
The polycarbonate that the product is made from, is nearly unbreakable, so it won’t get damaged as you take it to and from the gym.
- Weight – 2 pounds
- Dimensions – 15 x 14 x 6 inches
- Product Material – Polycarbonate
- Easy installation
- Fits a wide range of exercise machines
- Can be used for books, laptops, tablets, and iPads
- Can be unstable and wobbly on some machines
- Difficult to get set up
- Stabilizing piece can press against buttons and causes some problems
- Hold your book or magzine open whole you exercise
- Works on paperbacks, hard cover books & magazines
- Small, lightweight, portable
- use at the top or bottom of you book to read hands free
- easy to turn pages; pull the finished page from one side, tuck under the other side.
This small little book holder is very handy when it comes to holding your book open while you are reading and exercising. Physically holding a book open strains your muscles and is a big distraction while exercising. Well, the FlipKlip Treadmill book holder will make reading and exercising much easier to do.
It is very easy to use as you simply open the arms and clamp it back down to hold the book open. You are even able to use it while you are on a treadmill, as long as the treadmill has a shelf that you can put the book on.
- Weight – 2.08 ounces
- Dimensions – 8.5 x 3.82 x 0.71 Inches
- Product Material – Plastic with s stainless steel spring
- Hands free reading
- Lightweight and very small can even fit in your pants pocket
- Can clip it onto your book so it stays with the book at all times
- Flipping pages can be annoying as you need to open the arms to release the page
- Treadmill must have a shelf to hold the book
- Spring needs to be tighter, doesn’t hold some books open
- EYE -LEVEL READING PROVIDES MAXIMUM COMFORT
- Promotes proper posture for better spinal health
- Supports books, catalogs, planners and more at comfortable reading angle
- Design is stylish and innovative. Satisfaction Ensured.
- Dimensions:10.5 x 3 x 7.9 inch. Material : PVC+ABS
A negative side effect of reading is the painful straining on your back and neck that makes reading unpleasant. Luckily, that doesn’t have to be the case! This book stand can be adjusted so that it provides the maximum comfort for you when reading. This is accomplished by using a stand that is able to adjust to eye level.
This stand can be used at home, in the office, at the library, and even when you are busy at the gym. It can be placed on the shelf of a treadmill. You secure your book to it and adjust until it is the right height for you. Catch up on some reading while getting fit at the same time. This is definitely a great purchase.
- Weight – 11.2 ounces
- Dimensions – 10.5 x 7.9 x 3.5 inches (5 Sizes available)
- Product Material – Plastic
- Durable and a great quality product
- Helps to prevent neck strain with the multiple angle settings
- Can hold large books – 700+ pages
- Treadmill shelf needs to be large enough to hold it
- Very bulky size
- Arms that hold the pages are weak
You are now able to turn your treadmill into your workstation thanks to this great design and gadget. A feature that sets the Treadmill Desk Workstation apart is that you can keep it installed on your treadmill, no need to continually reassemble it. When you don’t need to use it, you can simply push it out of your way and keep on exercising.
You can adjust the arm for the perfect height and the workstation platform can also be tilted until it is perfect for you. It works wonderfully with laptops and iPads. When you are moving the platform out of your way, it has a very fluid movement. You are also able to secure all the cables giving it a neat and clean design. This workstation also works for books with the platform being able to adjust to however you want to use it.
Just make sure before your purchase the product that it fits your treadmill.
- Weight – 19.6 pounds
- Solid and very stable
- Can be installed permanently on to the treadmill
- Difficult to assemble
- Can be a bit on the high side once installed
After finding the best book holders, we found they each have their own selling points. Let’s break them down so you can make the best choice for you.
The Best Book Holder for Treadmills –
The Source One book holder is easy to use and assemble. It comes in two sizes, so it’s best to check your treadmill to see which size will work best for you. They are lightweight and durable, fitting easily into your gym bag.
The SurfShelf Treadmill Desk and the Actto BST-09 Green Book Stand are also great for treadmill use. The SurfSelf has a strap to secure your laptop or iPad so you don’t have to fear anything falling off. If using the Actto make sure the treadmill has a shelf for the book holder to rest on.
The Smallest Book Holder –
The FlipKlip Treadmill book holder is super small and can fit into your handbag or pocket. The best feature of this book holder is that you can keep it with the book at all times. No fear of losing it.
The Permanent Book Holder –
The Treadmill Desk Workstation is a great option for your at home treadmill. You can fit it permanently to your treadmill. This transforms your treadmill into a workstation and when you don’t require it, simply push it out of the way.
No matter how or where you want to use it, there is a book holder that meets your needs. Not only are they hands free, but they will also better your posture in the long run, minimizing the risk of spinal injuries.
We hope that this buyer’s guide has helped you to decide which book holder will be perfect for you and your needs.