Do you need the to find the best gifts for writers?
Whether it’s for a special occasion or just to show you care, getting a gift for that writer in your life is always appreciated.
And while it’s the thought that counts, not every writer out there is looking for yet another pen.
There’s so much more out there than Cross pens–and much cheaper options as well. That’s why I’ve put together this list to make sure that your beloved wordsmith get a gift they’ll really enjoy.
The Best Gifts for Writers
- Apple MacBook Air
- Azio Retro Keyboard
- Aqua Notes
- Ember Mug
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Meal Delivery Subscription Service
- Super Comfy Lounge Pants
- Dry Erase Weekly Calendar
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID and the latest Apple-designed keyboard and force touch trackpad
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 616
- Fast SSD Storage and 8GB memory
- Stereo speakers with wider Stereo sound
Now I did say that there are some cheaper options than a Cross, but this isn’t one of them. But in all fairness, this is one awesome laptop! The MacBook Air models have come with the reputation of being one of the lightest and thinnest models out there. And the latest in the line doesn’t disappoint. With up to 16 GB of memory, a 1.5 TB SSD, and back lit keyboard, this powerhouse is ready to tackle any project that may arise. Again, the price point is a little steep, but this could make for a wonderful graduation gift to help prepare your author to take on the world.
- A Classic Reborn: Design Originated By Vintage Typewriters And Crafted With Ultramodern...
- Genuine & Luxurious: Genuine Leather Or Wood Top Plate. Leather Reflects Taste,...
- Tactile. Clicky. Backlit: The Backlit Mechanical Keys Are Tuned To Be Tactile And...
- Forged. Polished. Plated: The Keyboard Frame Is Forged With Aluminum Alloy And Plated Into...
If a whole new computer isn’t within your budget, maybe a part of one is. This keyboard is so awesome! It’s so funky and neat with its top plate, and the clack of the keys emulates an old-school typewriter. But besides from being super cool. This keyboard is back-lit and Bluetooth compatible with both PC and Mac. The Azio Retro truly puts the funk in functional. Can ya dig? Keyboards in general make great gifts for writers! Check out my top recommendations for the Best Keyboards for Writers.
- Aqua Boat Notes waterproof paper is so durable it even works underwater
- Tear resistant to make writing in the high-surf, rain, or other wet weather conditions a...
- Notepads are 5.25” x 3.5” with 40 sheets of paper that are perforated so they can be...
- Notepad and Pencil includes suction cups so they can be attached to any smooth surface
- Made in the USA
I don’t know about you, but honestly I do some of my best thinking in the shower. It’s just me with my thoughts. But there’s on big problem, there’s about a 100% chance I’m going to forget every genius idea I came up with. And that’s why Aqua Notes is so handy! It’s a waterproof notepad where you can jot down all those great ideas.
- Keeps your hot drink at the exact temperature you prefer (between 120°F - 145°F). Start...
- 1 hour battery life on a single charge. Or keep the Ember Mug on the included charging...
- Control with your smartphone. Pair with the Ember App to set your temperature, customize...
- Safe to hand wash. Made of stainless steel with an updated ceramic coating to reduce...
I’m very particular about my tea. I like it with 2 sugars, a splash of milk, and hot. Unfortunately, that last one doesn’t really stick around as long as I would like it to. But those problems have been solved since I started using my new Ember mug. It keeps my tea at a nice constant temp that way I don’t need to slog down a cold cuppa. And given the relationship between most authors and coffee (or tea!), the ember mug solidly makes it onto my list of gifts of writers. Or if you’re a water type of person… Check out these sweet bottles here!
- writing advice from horror-meistro Stephen King, a fine softcover
- King, Stephen (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 288 Pages - 07/06/2010 (Publication Date) - Scribner (Publisher)
Every writer needs a role model or a mentor to look up to. And whether you’re a fan of his or not, you can definitely learn from one of the most prolific writers of our time–Stephen King. This book is a down-to-earth memoir that gives you practical tools that every writer needs to succeed. This is a must-have for any writer’s bookshelf.
After a long day’s worth of work, writing, or both the last thing I want to do is cook. Don’t get me wrong. I love to eat–just ask my ever growing waistline. But after a hard day, I often find myself on the tail end of a Lean Cuisine and some leftover Pinot. And I know I’m not the only one. However, there are some options out there for those hardworking writers out there. Meal delivery services! Now while some provide all the ingredients prepared for a quick cook, others provide fully cooked meals. Just heat and eat! If you’re looking for some of the best out there, check out this sweet (or savory) article over at fooddeliveryguru.com
There may be some writers out there that just looove to be as uncomfortable as humanly possible while they write. I just haven’t met any of them. Now for the rest of us… getting into our comfort zones is requirement for top productivity. And what a better way to do so than by starting out with some super comfy harem style lounge pants! These are breezy, baggy, unisex, and totally ready to rock that couch in style.
No products found.
If you’re looking to give a productive gift for your writer, a weekly calendar is a great one. Many of us writers get caught up in the whirlwind that is known as “lack of focus”. It happens. But one great way to prevent that is to set daily and weekly goals. Utilizing a weekly planner can really help you stay on target. Simply write down your goals for the week and mark when complete. This may sound cheesy, but there’s nothing better than watching yourself accomplish a goal. This is absolutely one of those gifts that will stand the test of time and get maximum use.
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any...
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
- Balanced audio performance at any volume
- Hassle-free Bluetooth pairing, personalized settings, access to future updates, and more...
Instead of giving a gift that keeps on giving, why not give a gift that taketh away? Noise cancelling headphones may soon become your writer’s new best friend. These work great for empty the sound space around you to help center your mind. This can definitely lead to a more productive workday. Plus these are great for airplane travel, public transportation, or any other time when you just need to zone out. But if you’re experiencing excessive dog barking from the neighbors across the way–speaking from personal experience–these headphones coupled with a ultrasonic bark stopper makes for a perfectly quiet and calm working environment.
There’s a few things out there that can really help take a writer’s work to the next level. One of which happens to be to use pro tools. And if I had only one tool that I could recommend to any writer… It would be Scrivener. It’s an absolute game changer. Scrivener helps you start from square one to complete your writing project all the way to formatting and publishing. It’s an all inclusive planning, organizing word processing software that does damn near everything but the dishes. I cannot stress just how great this software really is–so head over to Kindlepreneur and see that Dave Chesson feels the same way I do. Except he’s got a super neat review and discount coupon.
Gifts for Writers All Wrapped Up
Now, a super sweet pen or a bunch of fancy Moleskines definitely will make this author happy. But we writers are complex creatures that look beyond the simple tools of our trade–like a great custom tote or drawstring bag. If you’re really trying to show that special author in your life that you really care, you don’t need to really go all out. Maybe all they really need is a hug, a thank you, and some home delivered meals.
Cause honestly… Ya girl here could eat!